EXPANDING MANDRELS & COLLETS
With over 50 years experience in the design and manufacture of Expanding Mandrels, we have developed the highest level of expertise.
More versatile and accurate than solid mandrels or similar workholding, Expanding Mandrels can be used during almost all machining and inspection procedures. They are frequently used during turning, milling, gear cutting, grinding, vertical boring, assembly and inspection operations.
ADVANTAGES OF CRAFTSMAN TOOL’S EXPANDING MANDRELS & COLLETS
- Positive clamping and release
- Fixed backstop for component location
- Single tapers to ensure quick and secure clamping with maximum support
- High levels of concentricity (to 0.005 T.I.R)
- Interchangeable sleeves to cover a range of component sizes
- Generous expansion capacities
- Resistant to high levels of torque with minimum potential for component distortion
- Suitable for robotic loading & link to existing machining mechanisms
ACTUATION & MOUNTED VARIATIONS
EXPANDING MANDREL DEMO
“Craftsman Tools has provided a variety of mandrels and we have been impressed with the quality of their products. We also chose them to supply collet chucks because they offer a full service from design through to manufacture.”
Andrew Cassie - Manufacturing Engineer
The Craftsman Tools Workdriver is a Hydraulicaly operated Collet Chuck designed to hold Camshaft and Crankshaft components for high precision CNC grinding processes at high volumes. Developed as a standard item for the leading company in automotive grinding machines, the Craftsman Tools Workdriver has become an industry staple in the automotive industry.
To support the use of Craftsman Tools Workdriver we can offer the following;
• Large stock of spare parts and complete units
• Parts made to order - including Collet sleeves to your bespoke size requirment
• Refurbishment packages for used workdrivers
• A dedicated facilities for testing resistance to torque
Expanding mandrels availble with multiple sleeves to grip varying diameters independently
We pride ourselves on our ability to design and develop workholding solutions which overcome manufacturing challenges and increase productivity.
WHY CRAFTSMAN TOOLS?
Experience; Craftsman Tools has over 60 years experience in designing and manufacturing Workholding equipment for use in varying industries
Design; our highly skilled in-house design team make effective use of industry standard 3D & 2D CAD software to streamline the design & approval process
Manufacture; we have a large and varied range of CNC Machines which include Multi Axis Milling Machines, Cylindrical Grinding Machines,Wire EDMs and Large Envelope Horizontal Borers
Quality; our team of Quality Engineers make use of the latest metrology equipment including a 1.5x1.3m bed CMM
Delivery; by keeping design and manufacture in-house we have tighter control over production lead times
Pricing; a focus on design for manufacture allows Craftsman Tools to remain extremely competitive on price without compromising quality
Legacy; Craftsman Tools boasts an award winning apprentice school which continues to train the next generations of engineers