Based in Otley, near Leeds, Craftsman Tools employs 50 people, and is a long established and successful company. Craftsman Tools undertakes precision sub-contract machining and manufactures a range of precision work and toolholding products. We invest in the most up to date CNC equipment to ensure high quality, precision and cost competitiveness.
As CMM & Metrology Engineer your primary role will be to measure precision machined components against the specification of technical drawings and production planning. You will be required to work closely with both with both workshop staff (machine operators, mechanical fitters) as well as office staff (design engineer, production management). You will also need to conform to company processes and systems (ISO 9001:2015) such as the recording of any non-conformance's and internal equipment calibration.
The ideal candidate should;
- Have previous experience in the role of quality inspection
- Experience of running and programming CMM equipment – Essential
- Experience of using manual metrology equipment (plug gauges, thread gauges, micrometers, height gauges)
- Able to take a systematic approach, adhering to company process standards
- Be able to read and understand complex, technical drawings. Calculate dimensions & tolerances
- Be able to communicate effectively within a team & liaise with management
The role is typically worked over an evening and morning shift rotation (alternating on a 2 weekly rota) but standard day shifts (09:00-16:00) are also available.