2.5xD Boring Bar Holders
The machining performance during a boring operation is significantly influenced by how the boring bar is held.
Developed in conjunction with major cutting tool and machine tool manufacturers, Craftsman Tools has developed a boring bar holder to improve machining performance.
The Craftsman Tools boring bar holder clamps the full circumference of the boring bar, rather than gripping on flats. This allows a better surface finish than standard boring bar holders, and enables machining at higher feed and speed rates.
- 2.5x bar diameter clamping length and full radial clamping
- Excellent vibration absorption properties
- Backstop can be added to upgrade holder and provide through-coolant capabilities
- Increased tool rigidity and improved cutting performance when boring
- Ideal for high force/load applications
- Coated bore and the inclusion of jacking screws make it easier to interchange boring bars
- Reduction sleeves allow the holder to grip round tools and bars with smaller diameters
Bore up to 14x the bar diameter, with through coolant.
Bore up to 6x the bar diameter, with through coolant.
Bore up to 6x the bar diameter, without through coolant.
Grip boring bars of varying diameters in the same boring bar holder.