ANTI-VIBRATION BORING BAR HOLDERS
When you invest in an anti-vibration boring bar you need to ensure that you are achieving optimal performance by using the best possible method to hold it. Developed in conjunction with major cutting tool and machine tool manufacturers, the Craftsman Tools anti-vibration boring bar holder is designed to get the most out of your investment. It clamps the full circumference of the boring bar, rather than gripping on flats. This allows a better surface finish than standard boring bar holders, and enables machining at higher feed and speed rates.
- Compatibility with both Silent Tools® and Steadyline™ anti-vibration boring bars
- Excellent vibration absorption properties
- 4x bar diameter clamping length and full radial clamping increases tool rigidity and improves cutting performance
- Ideal for high force/load applications
- Suitable for boring up to 10x the bar diameter in depth (with 18x diameter length bars)
- Range available for all of the major Machine Tool Manufacturers, including Mazak, Doosan, DMG Mori and Okuma
- Available with through-tool coolant feed via removable backplate
- Coated bore and the inclusion of jacking screws (hinge type only) make it easier to interchange both tools and reduction sleeves
- Craftsman Tools reduction sleeves allow the holder to grip round tools and bars with smaller diameters
- Many holders offer larger bore sizes than the standard holders
PRODUCT CODE BREAKDOWN
- INCH / METRIC TOOL SIZE - "A" : Inch style / Blank : Metric
- INDICATED 4XD INTERNAL HOLDER
- TOOL SIZE - For example 2 = 2 inches, 50 = 50mm
- MACHINE MODEL - LB4000EXM = Okuma LB4000EXM
- REFERENCE DIMENSION - Gauge line from turret face to centre line of boring bar (mm)
Our range is designed as one of two clamping variants. Where feasible a single piece Hinge-Style will be used, however the interfacing bolt pattern and required tool size often means a 2 piece Cap-Style has to be used. Both styles of holder will accept split reduction sleeves and are suitable for 10 x diameter boring applications.
INTELLIGENT ANTI-VIBRATION BAR HOLDERS
Craftsman Tools' next generation of boring bar holders have been developed to take full advantage of digital machining in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Our Intelligent Boring Bar Holders are the world's first to be fully integrated with Silent Tools™ Plus and Coroplus®, and are the optimal method for holding vibration-damped turning bars with embedded connectivity.
The brand new holders feature drilled and tapped holes to incorporate the transmission box and connection wires, as well as integrated coolant tube assembly. This allows for the quickest possible set up, and are designed to facilitate:
- Real time feedback of cutting performance, provided to machine operator
- Full wireless connectivity
- Increased machining efficiency
We have a wide range available and can provide intelligent boring bar holders to fit the vast majority of machine manufacturers, including Doosan, Okuma, Mazak, and DMG Mori. For more information, contact us here.
REDUCTION SLEEVE ASSEMBLY
The same holder can clamp a range of boring bars by using reduction sleeves.
- Combined captive spacer maintaining 4 x diameter clamp length
- Easy withdrawal of both sleeve and spacer
- Aligned in the holder for ease of setting
We have an extensive range of products available as standard items. This standard product range is suitable for various applications and covers a vast range of machine models. Please use the following link to explore our product library of standard items.
We pride ourselves on our technical expertise, and our experienced team is available to help you find the best solutions for your requirements.
We have on-house design facilities and we commit ourselves to understand your needs, offer you a suitable solution and respect short lead times.