Craftsman Capto™ Toolholding
As a result of partnership agreements built up over the last 20 years we have developed Craftsman Capto™ quick change tool holder adapters for all major machine manufacturers.
Craftsman Capto™ is a quick change system which reduces the measuring, set up and tool change time allowing extra metal cutting time. Through coolant delivery ensures that the full capabilities of the machine are harnessed.
ADVANTAGES OF THE CRAFTSMAN CAPTO SYSTEM
- Shortens downtime due to reduced time for set-ups
- Repeatability allowing offline pre-setting of tools
- Reduced machining times due to greater stability
- Universal modular quick change tooling system
- ISO standard
PRODUCT CODE BREAKDOWN
- CAPTO TOOL SIZE - C3 / C4 / C5 / C6 / C8 / C10
- HAND OF CLAMPING UNIT - RC (right hand) / LC (left hand)
- TOOL ORIENTATION - E : for external machining /
I :for internal machining
- MACHINE MODEL - LB4000EXM = Okuma LB4000EXM
- REFERENCE DIMENSION - Gauge line from turret reference point to center line of Capto coupling (mm)
- REFERENCE DIMENSION - Gauge line from turret reference point to face of Capto coupling (mm)
- CAPTO CONFIGURATION - See examples below
RIGHT / LEFT HAND TOOL ORIENTATION
CRAFTSMAN CAPTO CONFIGURATION
We have an extensive range of products available as standard items. This standard product range is suitable for various applications and covers a vast range of machine models. Please use the following link to explore our product library of standard items.
We pride ourselves on our technical expertise, and our experienced team is available to help you find the best solutions for your requirements.
"Craftsman Tools is a long-standing partner to us in the field of Sandvik Coromant Capto™ clamping units and split boring bar holders for Turning Centres. This close collaboration ensures that adoption of Quick-Change and Silent Tools is available to our customers for all Turning Centre configurations providing the best possible machine utilisation and metal cutting efficiency combined with process security."
Chris Mills AB Sandvik Coromant
Global Manager - Machine Integration